Friday, August 31, 2007

A few questions for the more knowledgable :)

I have all these questions floating around in my head. I think that is why my insomnia is still lingering... I go to bed thinking about all the things I don't know or cannot predict... etc. I know you all know what i'm talking about.

Anyhow, I am wondering:
1) What immunization/vaccines are we supposed to get and are recommended to get before traveling to VN? Is it all in one shot or several. How soon before travel should we start this process? And for my Canadian bloggers - is there a cost or is it all covered by OHIP? I need to start preparing my son in the event that we decide for sure the kids are coming (we are still wavering back and forth on that topic)... he is VERY afraid of needles and told me he thinks he'll skip VN just b/c of this. :)

2) Traveling out of country once your child is home from VN? How does this work or is it not a possibility - and for how long? If, we happen to have a referral by Spring we would likely rent our fav beach house in Florida for late August ... but then I got thinking that I don't know if we can travel internationally before a certain date after she comes home. May seem like a silly question - but i don't know the answer so I thought I'd ask.

3) We have started shopping for strollers. I would like a stroller that an infant seat fits into (incase we get a young referral) but also has the seat/stand position behind it for when my 4 yr old daughter is shopping with us... she can be a 'handfull' at the Mall. :) Any recommends?

2 comments:

B said...

Hey Leslie,
you will want to look in to immunzations soon. The Twinrix Hep A and B takes 6 months and is 3 shots, first shot, second after 4 weeks, third 5 months after second. My doctor also updated my boosters and polio, tetanus. The boosters were covered by OHIP but the Hep shots were not and were not covered by my employee health plan either (about $250 bucks I think).

Ask the travel question on the Canada Adopts Yahoo group. One mother who adopted through your agency has been traveling internationally with her little one this summer.

Hope to see you next Saturday!

Bev

Anonymous said...

Try the Baby Trend Sit and Stand for a stroller. We had one for our 3 year old and our new baby. HTH