Friday, August 24, 2007

Ministry Approval - CHECK :)

I got word from our agency that we received our Ontario Ministry approval (to adopt) on August 7th. Our dossier was sent to Vietnam several weeks ago to begin translation. Our agency says now that we have Ministry approval we are "officially awaiting child proposal/match".

One step closer. I am smiling this morning.

On other news, I am knee deep in white paint. Chloe now has bunk beds (given generously to us by our friends Kerri & Matt) in her room. She is very excited that she will be someday sharing these beds with her sister. They were wood so I am painting them white to go with all her other furniture in her room. They are looking good and now I am even more anxious to get her bedding ordered (I'm still not 100% decided and may take a drive up to Pottery Barn Kids tomorrow just to be sure I want the kukunest bedding). I love the Kukunest bedding and Chloe loves it too (she picked the top link - see below post - the red lantern set with the 2 girls on the pillowcase). The only thing is... with both sets - they do not match what is in her room already - including very expensive Pottery Barn drapery & sheers, pillows, etc. Also, her room is butter yellow and that is not going to match the bright reds/pinks/teals. So, if I get her the Kukunest bedding, I am no doubt going to have to paint her room (nightmare - did i mention i hate painting?) a soft teal colour, and find a home for her lovely Pottery Barn butterfly stuff. So, this is why we are still undecided. Shaune is game for whatever I decide I think ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is a wonderful step towards you little girl! Sara (another 2pea that you'd contacted b/4 about Vietnam adoption!)

Ange said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is a big step! i hope that your wait isn't too long, or agonizing!

Jill and Jaap said...

YAY! Another thing done!!

Catherine said...

So sorry! Just realized that somehow I had missed commenting here. I was updating my sidebar and suddenly remembered reading you'd received ministry approval bub didn't remember leaving a comment.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Ministry approval is HUGE!!! Another big step behind you! Wahoo!