Wednesday, August 22, 2007

These two...



























...think about their sister every day. Talk about "baby sister" to each other and to other friends and family. These 2 little people want a sister so badly to love. I know they will be wonderful with her & it makes me (all of us) anxious. We tell them it is going to be a bit of a wait and they say "that is okay" --- and then they go on asking me questions about her country and about babies in general.

This little guy is going to be an awesome big brother. He was only 2.5 when his sister Chloe came along. He was very excited, then very unhappy and confused and then back to excited and happy again. For the most part he is wonderful (and patient) with his sister. I think he is ready for her to finally get out of his room and into her own bunkbed! He told me the other day he'd even help with the 'pee-pee diapers'.

This little girl talks about being a big sister constantly. Instead of saying she is growing to be a big girl she says: "I'm growing into a big sister"... it is so cute. She is beyond excited. She likes to go to Toys R Us and look at highchairs and strollers ... planning for the day we will need to finally purchase these things. She is full of 'advice' on these matters. Whenever she grows out of a dress or jeans she tells me "Now its for baby sister". Some days she calls her Maya and some days she calls her Isabel... she is as undecided as we are on names.

I hope the wait isn't any longer than they've told us because these 2 little people are anxiously awaiting news. (They aren't the only ones).

{ Photos taken today of Keaton and Chloe - ages 6 & 4 }

2 comments:

Tara said...

Leslie - I am SOOOOO excited for you (especially for Keaton & Chloe). They are such well rounded children - you & Shaune should be so proud of yourselves for raising these two!!! Congrats and my hats off to you!

Anonymous said...

oh they are so big! i love Keaton's hair! gorgeous photos!