Thursday, June 14, 2007

Still waiting...

always waiting, right?
We are still waiting on our fingerprinting to come back form RCMP before we can complete our home study and continue on with our adoption (dossier, etc).
Everything seems to take a long time.
I have a hard time with the fact that so much in our lives will happen between now and when we finally hold our child for the first time. We have a disney cruise and Walt Disney World scheduled and booked for November, we have a summer full of fun at the pool and probably some day trips to Canada's Wonderland, Toronto Zoo, etc. We have our family haywagon ride and a beautiful Ontario Thanksgiving, we had mother's day and probably will have another one before he/she is home with us. Christmas will feel odd as a family of four - now that we are starting to see ourselves as a family of (soon-to-be) five. Life marches on and in my head everyday is a picture and thoughts of a child that may not even be born yet. I try to guess what our child will be like, how old he/she will be, how our other children will love her and welcome her. The waiting is just getting started. There is indeed so much for us to do between now and THEN. A great life to live. But with every day of waiting I think of this child, of this country we've never visited, of a culture I'm just starting to learn about and understand... and the wait gets harder.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will indeed be only a year from start to finish. Even sooner would be a beautiful blessing and surprise. I'm also preparing myself for a longer wait. We can do it. This child will be most certainly be worth it. Until then, I'm going to continue to keep myself very busy in the daily 'stuff' that make life great. And I'll keep the hope that not just our family, but all the families waiting to give a child their love - will be brought good news and less waiting very soon.

No comments: