Friday, May 25, 2007

Browsing the Internet today I thought I'd share some really cute things I've bookmarked for a 'later date'.
I have been reading about slings and baby carriers a lot. I never used them with either of my other children but because travel in Vietnam will require alot of carrying and because it clearly fosters bonding and attachment, I am looking into them. Also in Vietnam it is very difficult to navigate a small stroller on the sidewalks there. Much better to have the baby close and avoid weaving in and out of traffic and crowded sidewalks. I won't buy one til we know if we be referred a baby or a toddler (not sure my back can handle carrying a toddler all day) but aren't these "Hotslings" just the cutest... and they are really fashionable with beautiful and fun fabrics.


Found some really cute tshirts for the whole family (As well as bibs, etc) at Cafe Press. That place is such a fun place to turn to when needing unique and creative clothing. I especially liked these ones:
Born in my heart
Loving Family

These quilts, made by the women of Vietnam and sold out of Ho Chi Minh City, VN would be adorable for Chloe's & Keaton's beds (and their brother or sister, ...one of them will share their room). After referral time I may have to buy two in either pink or blue.
Children Size Vietnam quilts

This website has some fun tshirts: http://www.adoptionmama.com/
Lucky Momma

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw those Hotslings on Laurie's site- they look great! I wore both Aislin and Declan in slings and I don't think I could have done without- they were wonderful!

Love those quilts!!

Traci said...

I love babywearing...check out these (which are actually come from an asian design for babywearing...)

www.babyhawk.com

I find them much more comfortable than than the hotslings (especially when the baby is older), Will still loves it, and you can wear the child on your front or back. They're more expensive, and bulkier to carry around when you're not using them, but so worth it. :)

Anyway--I'm so excited for you guys! I always check this blog to see what updates you have! :D

Anonymous said...

I own about 5 different slings, and I must say Hotslings are the BEST ones out there. They are made to fit your body. Not just a one size fits all. And trust me, they are so well made, I still carry my two year old around with no strain to my back. I totally recommend them. Good luck with your process. It's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out Renee, I appreciate the support. Please please please check out the Hotslings link I've had up on my site. I'm an official distributor and trying to raise money for our adoption by selling these. I wear a Hotsling everywhere with my son, and my husband wears one too. I sell them for CHEAPER than retail (10-20% below what Hotslings charges depending on how many you buy). They're great for infants or toddlers - up to 35lbs! Please come by my site and check them out if you're considering buying one. Feel free to email me with any questions!

S. said...

Oh, I was just going to say you should order it through Laurie, but she beat me to it! Mine just arrived today, and it looks great. I saw a girl using it the other day who raved about it--said it was great for her infant and toddler as well. I can't wait to put my baby in it!

Anonymous said...

You are a woman after my own heart. I just bought a Hostling from a fellow adoption mom and I have an adoption mama shirt. We should wear them to the next dinner.