Friday, June 15, 2007

A surprise phone call

Tomorrow is Chloe's 4th birthday... where has the time gone? Anyhow, big pool party tomorrow so I trek off to the grocery store in search of all things junk food (hot dogs, marshmellows, candy for pinata, etc etc etc). As I wheel my cart to the hot dog bun aisle, my cell phone starts ringing. Ok, the fact that I even had my cell phone with me is surprising. The fact that it was not out of battery is beyond surprising. My cell phone NEVER rings so it took me by surprise.
On the other end was our adoption agency, TDH. They were calling us to let us know that we are now off the waiting list and officially on the Primary list. This is BIG. This means we need to hustle and finish up our homestudy (we are still waiting on those stinkin' fingerprints from RCMP) so we can begin preparing our dossier to submit to Vietnam. OMG OMG OMG. I was so happy to hear this news. We weren't expecting to be off the waiting list until late July. YAY!

(Note: Basically - there is a primary list of families and it was full when we got started in mid-April, so we had to go on the waiting list and wait for approx. 10 families with our agency to complete their adoptions before we'd go onto the primary list.)

I am beyond excited. Shaune is beyond happy! I guess because it is the next BIG step for us on this long, unpredictable and extremely amazing journey.

6 comments:

Ange said...

Congratulations! That is great news, now the fun really begins!

Catherine said...

Doing the happy dance with you! What an exciting phone call to receive.

Happy Birthday Chloe!

Renee said...

YAY!! you know I am so excited!!! get that dossier done and sent :-) hurry hurry (hee hee)

Renee said...

PS Happy Birthday to my sweet Chloe!!!!

Jill and Jaap said...

Hope Chloe had a great birthday!

saucygoat said...

Congratulations! It's nice to be moving forward. (P.S. I have a Chloe too. ;p)