Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lots of girls...

I was just thinking about our travel group that is leaving this week for Vietnam. We are all adopting girls. One family is adopting a 4 yr old beautiful little girl, Meg is 5 months, Renny's daughter is 11 months and the other couple are adopting twin girls that are 4 months. They all are from Vung Tau and will share that common bond. I hope they can all become and remain friends through the years!

We are meeting up with one other couple that is already in Vietnam that is adopting a baby boy - lucky him... he'll be surrounded by a whole bunch of girls :) I'm guessing this won't really phase him at this age but perhaps another decade from now he might enjoy a get together with his 'travel mates'.

Today we are meeting up with sweet Sadie and her mom and Dad - we are going to a chinese buffet for lunch... to follow the tradition we started last year when they were leaving in a week to go get their beautiful Sadie. Now Sadie is 2 years old and my children can't get enough of her. They cannot wait to see her today and play with her at a park after lunch!

Other than that... packing is still happening. We figured out Skype and have that all ready to go. We are making our playlists for our Ip*ds and picking out which reading material to take for the flight.

I am nervous about the long flight. I don't fly well, I get antsy and fidgety after a couple of hours... how will I ever manage the longest leg (which is 15.5 hrs)? Sleeping aids, earplugs and a sleeping mask will hopefully help me pass the time!

6 comments:

B said...

I am a BIG reader and could not focus on a book (or a movie for that matter) the entire flight. I was beside myself with anticipation.

The nice thing about the long haul flight is that as soon as you start to get fidgety the flight crew come around with food or drinks or hot cloths to freshen up...they certainly time it right over and over again. When there was about 6 hours left in the flight I thought it would never end...and then it did.

The rest is history.

Exciting times for sure...

Diana said...

Good time to take a pad and paper and journal to Meg, Keaton and Chloe about all the things your feeling to share with them someday!! about how this all changes all of your lives. And finish on your way back home with all new feelings!! Excellent to reflect on and share with your kids. Someday they will appreciate all the things that Mom and dad go through.
You'll manage simply on the fact Les that Meg is awaiting you on your flight there and Keaton and Chloe will be waiting here when you come home. Either way, you win with the best arrival at both ends!!

Michelle said...

Hi Leslie,
Yoohoo! It is really happening! I did not read or watch one movie either on my way to and from Vietnam. I purposely did not watch any new releases on DVD weeks before my flight so I would have lots of new movies to see. Nope, I could not concentrate at all. I spent my time daydreaming, chatting with the other couples or sleeping (with a little help from the pharmacy). You are on such an amazing high it does not seem so long.
I can't wait to see pictures of Meg and you. I will be checking your blog at least a million times a day while you are in Vietnam. There is no need to wish you a good trip as I already know it will be the most amazing trip you have ever taken!!! Big big big hugs,
Michelle

Cari-Anne said...

Good Luck Leslie and Shawn!

Renee said...

I'm so excited!!!! The long flight is what I am worried about also- you know I am just like you with the flying :-) Just don't take dramamine - ha!!!

Christine said...

Don't count us out yet! I am hoping that if we are not leaving Friday (a verrrryyyyy long shot, I know) that we will be there at some point with you guys!