Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I plan on having a fantastic day with the kids. Our family is having a get-together at my Gram's farmhouse so I will be able to celebrate Mother's Day with my mother and also my Grandma. It will be a great day - hopefully the weather will clear up for it... it's been raining cats and dogs most of today here.

I was hoping that we would have Meg join our family before Mother's Day 2009 but I feel so blessed to know she will be part of our everyday very soon - we cannot wait. I am so lucky to know she will soon be with us and I am so lucky to have Keaton and Chloe too. Being a mother is hard at times but it is the most 'bestest' thing in my life. I love my children very much and they bring me so much joy. I am so thankful for the priviledge of being a MOM.

Shaune asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day and initially I said nothing... I have all I want except Meg and that will happen very soon I hope. But, I went on Etsy today and decided to treat myself to this sweet little necklace pendant = a map charm showing Vung Tau (Meg's birthplace) and Ho Chi Minh City... where we will become a family for the first 3 weeks we are together! I love it... it is simple and small and a big part of my heart will always be in Meg's birth country - so it is the perfect gift for Mother's Day.




6 comments:

Ange said...

I am in love with that pendant! i may need to treat myself to one of Hanoi.

Michelle said...

That pendant is so sweet. Have a splendid Mother's day Leslie! Enjoy your day!

Renee said...

Happy Mother's Day, girlie!! Love the necklace- my friend, Elizabeth just got me one of those with Ethiopia-I love it!

Carol said...

Way Cool!

Laura said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

I love the pendant. In fact, I just checked out the Etsy site and may order one for both of my kiddos' birth places.

I caught up on your blog and am SO glad to hear that Meg is doing well. I can only imagine how worried you were. The last part was the hardest for me, too. We never had any info during the nine month wait for travel and were just told "not much longer" here and there, but it was not accurate. Not knowing when it's going to happen is painful, especially when your baby isn't 100% well and you know it. I hope that you're on your way to VN by the end of the month.

By the way, I've been meaning to email you for over a monnth (probably closer to two). I cannot get my PW to work. Can you email it to me? Thanks!

Michelle said...

Love it, love it, love it! Hope you're with your sweet Meg soon. It will be great to see pics of your happy family when you're united.