Thursday, May 7, 2009

Update

Meg is doing well. We spoke to the agency today and she is finally doing good and will be released from the hospital today. This is such a weight off our shoulders... her being sick and in the hospital for so long was very hard to take.

The greatest thing of it all is we got confirmation today that she will go and live with her nanny! She has been described as a very nice and dedicated woman and we were told she has grandchildren and calls Meg her 'granddaughter' in Vietnamese. She clearly is loving her and all this one on one attention Meg will receive is a God send we feel!

The soonest we will travel now is end of May. KILLER! UGH! But we do take a lot of comfort knowing that she has someone who loves her until we are there for her. I feel a very special love for this woman who is caring for our daughter - she has no idea how often I think of her and her situation and thank the heavens that she is there for Meg. I hope I will be able to meet her and express my appreciation to her when we travel.

11 comments:

Chandra said...

That is such GREAT news that Meg is finally out of the hospital. And so cool that she will get to live with her Nanny rather than go back to the orphanage. I'm sure that one on one care will make a huge difference.

I'm really sorry you won't be traveling as soon as you hoped. I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better about that. Just find comfort knowing that Meg is being loved on by her Nanny.

Renee said...

there is so much to be happy about!! YAY for Meg getting out of the hospital and SO awesome that she will be able to stay with her nanny- what a relief, I am sure!!

End of May - I know seems far away, but that is less than a month away, so hopefully that will work out for you guys! I have been thinking about you all week, waiting to hear something!

B said...

Good news...I love good news.

I believe being with her nanny is the very best thing as I'm sure they have bonded over the past "too many" weeks in hospital.

End of May. Benjaminh and I will be sending May travel wishes your way.

Tara said...

THAT is WONDERFUL news Leslie - okay, not about the travel time but about Meg being out of the hospital with one on one care. THIS will be FANTASTIC for her.

I SO now do NOT understand how you do the wait....I could barely handle the last week, ugh!

So sorry for your wait girl!

*hugs*

Jules and Danny said...

I'm so happy that she is better and leaving the hospital. And going home with the nanny is wonderful. Loving care is just what Meg needs until you can hold her and love her yourself.
j

Brian & Nicole said...

we are so happy to hear that Meg is finally getting out of the hospital. that is great news!
nicole & brian

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I am glad she is feeling good.

Anonymous said...

The waiting is SO INCREDIBLY HARD!!I'm so glad she is going to be getting that kind of attention while you wait to travel. It will be here before you know it.

Sandra & Steve said...

Happy to hear she's out of the hospital and staying with her nanny. May the days fly by...

cblackstone said...

thinking of you Leslie:)

Julie and Dean said...

What GOOD news! I am so happy Meg is doing well.
Time is going to go so fast now.
I have a feeling you will know exactly what to say to her Nanny when you see her.