Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No new news

This friday we will be 3 months since first seeing beautiful Meggie's face. My how the time has dragged at times, it feels sometimes that it has been a lifetime waiting to get to her - but of course it has not.

Nothing new to report. Because of the new regulation with DIA, papers that would normally go courier are going very s-l-o-w-l-y via regular mail. Any chances of us getting to Meg in May are slowly disappearing.

Meg is doing well though and I'm sure basking in the attention of a full time nou nou to love on her. I wonder what she is doing - she is almost 5 months old now and I find myself day dreaming about her personality and how it is probably really emerging right about now. I remember with both Keaton and Chloe... this was such a great time to enjoy them becoming a baby person. I cannot wait to hear what her coo's sound like and to hear her giggle for the first time around us!

I finished up any and all last minute items we need to pack up and hop on a plane - it is official... we are ready and can go tomorrow if necessary (a girl can dream!)

I have a few work projects to finish up and then I'm on a self-appointed 'maternity' leave until we return from Vietnam. I work freelance so I will not get a 'paid' mat leave. Hopefully when I get back I will be able to find a good balance - I know it will be a challenge at times.

Everyone continue to send prayers up that our travel time can happen soon! Meg needs us but I think we may need her even more!

7 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Soon, soon, soon! I say it very often.
j

Diana said...

We are praying your safe journey to Meg happens as quickly as it can!! In the meantime enjoy what you can of this summer type weather with K & C because when the weather gets hot!!!! oh so hot!!! You will be toting around Meg too!! Isn't that a nice thought!! WooHOO!! XO LOL

Michael and Tammy said...

Oh I can't wait for her to be home too so you can bring her to a MIW dinner!!

Everyday is one day closer - hang in there!

Letizia said...

Thinking of you today and hoping that this week is the week you hear something.

LJW said...

I hope you get your date soon. This whole process involves so many things out of our control. The new DIA policy is terribly demoralizing. Thank God for the lovely nou nou who has taken such good care of Meg. I wish you the best of luck that you can go soon.
Lillian

Julie and Dean said...

I just love the pendant and will be purchasing one as well since Vung Tau is very important to our family. Congratulations to your friend Tara. What great news. I hope you both travel soon to bring home your children.

B said...

Hoping and wishing for a May phone call for you...