Saturday, May 9, 2009

Congratulations!

...several of my friends in the adoption community have big things they are celebrating this past week. It has been exciting and a nice way to keep our minds off the wait.

Julia and Danny recieved their referral for a beautiful baby girl that is a little over a month younger than Meg. She is adorable, her name will be Molly and I am so happy for this family! I see play dates in the near future!

Christine from our agency, and her husband Sebastian also recieved a referral for a sweet little boy in HCMC. I hope I will be able to visit him when we are over with Meg!

Kim and her husband from Ottawa travelled last week for their twin girls and are in Hanoi right now enjoying family life ...busy life I imagine with two little babies - they are so sweet and I'm enjoying following along on their travels.

Ellie, who I've gotten to know a bit from the waiting mom dinners we all attend in Toronto - she finally has her sweet Macy who I think is almost 10 months old. What a cutie and I can see from her blog... already the apple of her mom's eye!

Nicole and Brian received their referral about 4 days before we got Meg's. They are in Hanoi and awaiting their adoption ceremony. I hope it can be scheduled soon so they can all be together. They've visited him and their blog makes me so excited for when we will finally be at that stage.

Dominique and her husband finally travelled to their son, Alexandre. They endured a long wait between referral and travel and I'm so happy they are finally a family of 3. I saw some photos of their sweet union on Facebook. Alexandre is from the same orphanage as Meg = Vung Tau 2.

There are other families in Vietnam right now too. I think our agency had 6-7 families there right now and I know there are at least 4 families from Children's Bridge there as well.

...hopefully we are next!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks Leslie!
I hope you get to travel real soon! It would be so great if you got to visit Xavier there!!
Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Jules and Danny said...

It's been a good stretch. And hearing that Meg is healthy has got to be so comforting for you. Hoping that travel happens quickly after the end of May!
Happy Mother's Day!
jules