Tuesday, May 19, 2009

5 months old

Meg turned 5 months old this weekend and I thought of her often. It was a long weekend here and we opened the pool and did some gardening, etc... we also spent time with family and friends = all of which are anxious for us to travel to bring Meggie home!

When will we get to be with her? That still remains a mystery. I am trying very hard to relish in all of our blessings here at home (there are many) and be patient. It will definetly be sometime in June at this point. Blah, I hate the thought of possibly another month without Meg.

Our luggage is all piled in Chloe's bedroom, waiting to be filled and organized. Meg's bag has been packed for a while... now I'm starting to wonder if I should take out the size 3-6 months clothes and put in the 6-12 months - it is so hard to guess on sizing. Of course I have washed all her clothes and taken off all the tags so I could have a lot of new clothing that will never make it on to our princess. Oops!

Keep Meg in your thoughts - I am finding this last stretch extremely difficult. Do I hop on a plane and head over early... or wait out an 'official' travel date? This question runs through my head several times a day. I wish I could settle on the right answer.

4 comments:

stollmyheart said...

Happy 5 months Meg!

I know it's so hard to be away from her on these special days. Ironically, today is our 1 year "anniversary" of getting our travel approval and I remember how painful the days leading up to that were. I too had thoughts daily about getting on that plane and going to her anyway desptite the approval. Hoping you hear something soon!

Tara said...

OH MY GOSH Leslie, I can HARDLY imagine how hard this is on you. I'm SO sorry that you've had to go through this...my heart breaks for your and lil' Meggie. :(

Kelli said...

It is hard waiting. I waited 3 months and it felt like eternity. It's hard and even more difficult to keep it in perspective. Meg is still very young (I was reminded by several in my travel group that I was very lucky to be getting a 6 month old) and getting one on one care. And, I know that doesn't make it any easier :). You may want to add a few 6-12 months but I can almost guarantee the 3-6 months will be plenty big (if not too big). Your time will come and I hope it's soon!

Unknown said...

I so understand. We had a very difficult waiting process as well. Plane tickets were canceled twice, among many other delays. However, she has been home now for 4 months and it's water under the bridge now. Trust that she will come home and in the meanwhile enjoy your days as if she were already with you.