Monday, December 10, 2007

Playing catch up...

I missed my 2nd week of FPF. (Favourite Photo Friday).

Here is one I love.... I miss this Chloe with this thumb. It was permanently in her mouth from almost birth (I think she discovered it at around 5 wks old) until she was about 3 1/2 yrs old. She gave it up surprisingly easily once SHE decided it was time. That was some love affair though, while it lasted. She is 3 in this photo. :)


In other news, the wait is killing us at times but with such a long wait still ahead we are trying to stay positive but live each day at the same time, not obsessing on how our family WILL be but how it is now... and how blessed we truly are.

This week we celebrate Keaton's 7th birthday, how crazy is that? I cannot believe that boy of mine is 7 years old, it seems like just yesterday he came into the world and turned everything golden. I can still remember his newborn smells, grunts and coo's. He is a ray of sunshine and the past 7 years have flown past. I still see him as my baby but I am so proud of the little boy he has become. His birthday party was yesterday and it was fun seeing him as he is... a friendly and excitable little guy that loves to have fun. Happy Birthday Keaton.


Shaune and I drove to the US (Watertown NY) for some shopping on Friday. We got some great deals on things and it was nice to go shopping without the kiddies (so much more productive and 'enjoyable'). We hit Red Lobster for an easy but yummy seafood supper and the drive was fast (it is about a 2 hr drive) and easy.

We also decided (I think) on a name for baby girl Lightfoot on the drive home. Meg. I love this name. Always have. Shaune suggested it. It is not 100% for sure that will be her name but it is probably the top contender at the moment. I will call her Meggy - I'm a Thornbirds mini-series fan from WAY back. This has always been a favourite name of mine. Maya and Isabel are still in the running though. Her Vietnamese name will be her middle name so we will decide for sure once we have our referral!!


That's it - I'm caught up again. Everyone ready for Christmas? I'm not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Total thorn bird name. Love it.

Heather said...

I love the name Meg!

Carissa said...

What a great catch up post! Happy Birthday to your son! Congratulations on your shopping trip, it is always great to find some good deals! I hope the wait for you is not that much longer!

Renee said...

how fun that you got some shopping done!! and happy birthday to keaton!! love the name meg.. meg lightfoot :-) sounds good!!