Sunday, December 30, 2007

A few things for Baby Girl

I have not bought many things at all for Baby Girl. I think the fact that our age range is wide and we aren't sure if we will be referred an infant or a toddler has stopped me from making clothing purchases... simply because we aren't sure what size she will be and what we will need.

We gave away EVERYTHING after Chloe grew out of it, the clothing went to my neice Adah & the furniture was given away. So, we will be starting fresh. We are holding off on buying another crib til we know for sure her age and if we will need one. Same with picking out an appropriate stroller, etc.

I see so many clothes that I want to start getting for her. Did I mention I love buying kids clothes... boy or girl, doesn't matter - they look so cute I can't resist.

The sleeper is the one and only purchase so far I've made (clothing wise) so far for Baby Girl. Since we are slowly getting closer to where we will know who our daughter is, I want to start to celebrate each month closer we get to her. I told Shaune that we would buy her one new outfit or 'necessity' each month on our DTV anniversary to start celebrating each month closer, instead of thinking of the waiting we are doing. It can be something I look forward to doing each month and a fun way to count through the months until she is in our arms. I'm buying everything in 18 months or larger so that it will fit her eventually whatever her age :)

























We got her this cute Elephant at Old Navy... I loved the color (it matches her bedding colors) & Elephants are good luck, right?
























Shaune's parents got her this pretty teddy bear, it is so soft and sweet - I'm really thankful they celebrated her this Christmas with us :) It was a nice gift to find on Christmas day.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

What a great way to celebrate the wait, it will make you look forward to the close of another month! And when the time comes make things even better for your little girl!

Tara said...

Leslie...I'm so glad you've found this special way to celebrate the time closer to your little girl. I am also happy for you that other's are celebrating your journey with you! GREAT NEWS!

Renee said...

i love that elephant!! and what a great idea to buy one thing a month on your dtv anniversary!!