Tuesday, December 25, 2007

No words

We had a wonderful Christmas. I will post more on that at a later time.

Sadly our neighbours did not. We got a frantic phone call tonight as we were about to sit down for Christmas dinner, our neighbours house was burning down. I just cannot believe it. It was a beautiful home and I am full of sadness for the family. Thank God no one was hurt but the beautiful house is pretty much destroyed (as far as I can tell - it is pitch dark on our country road right now other than all the flashing fire trucks lining the street). I cannot stop thinking of all they've lost and on Christmas day of all days.

Tonight I feel so lucky that it was not our home and I also feel so helpless and sad for Amy and her family, that do not have a home tonight to celebrate Christmas in.

Downer post I know. I will post some happy stuff tomorrow. Pray for this family as I know they are in shock and feeling really sad on a day that they should feel such happiness.

4 comments:

Renee said...

that is horrible!! so so sad.

Carissa said...

Oh no, that is so sad I will kepp them in my thoughts and prayers.

Tara said...

Oh my GOD....that is just aweful. I am so sorry and will add this family to my prayers. PLEASE let us know if they are taking any donations to help this family rebuild all that they have lost. I feel (as I know my family does) so blessed with all the love and 'stuff' we have in our lives...and am more than willing to help in any way we can. That is just so sad. :(

Paula said...

That poor family, and on Christmas day. I hope they are ok.