Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where we are in the wait

Well, our agency director came home from Vietnam a few weeks ago and word is out that referrals are beginning today. As far as I know we are #3 or #4...and I think there are a couple girl referrals coming - so perhaps we will move into the #1 spot in our wait. I can't imagine being so close suddenly. What a good feeling that would be. I'm not sure when I'll get confirmation on where we are for SURE on the list but now I know we are very close and I hope by late September that we are through with this part of our wait and on to the wait to travel part! Thing are starting to feel exciting around here!

This past week I cleaned out Chloe's closet (the girls will be sharing a room until we put on an addition to our home in a few years) because it is CRAMMED full of clothing. I bought a closet organizer and it made such a huge difference in her room for $60! I still am not sure how on earth we will fit 2 pampered princess's clothes in there but at least everything is organized there. I'm afraid we are going to have to get rid of Chloe's pretty vanity desk for now (it is an antique and so pretty) to make room for a dresser to hold more little girl clothes - I'll be on the look out for a nice big dresser to accomodate 2 little girls.

Please send positive thoughts our way... that our turn may come soon and that we will be able to start loving the child that has been meant to be in our family. Once we finally do recieve our child proposal/referral I will have a lot of frantic shopping to do. We have put off buying anything baby related other than some pretty dresses, etc. I gave away EVERYTHING after Chloe was a toddler and so we will be learning all about all the new gadgets on the market. It is crazy how things have changed so much since K & C were babies in 2001 and 2003. It should be interesting... and a lot of fun!

9 comments:

Ange said...

Wow! Congratulations on being so close. I'm sure the excitement is building!

Diana said...

Here's to being # 1!!! Hope it happens soon hopefully you might even get a referal this time my fingers are crossed!
Call me bout K coming tommorrow. i don't have your # lost in the fire!
Diana

Leslie & Shaune said...

Hi Diana, I'll email you.

we aren't necessarily #1. we could still be #2 or even #3... it depends on how many little girls they referred. i have a feeling they referred 2-3 so that maybe sits us at #2. but #1 would be awesome. i'll have to email and ask them.

Anonymous said...

wow, i can't believe that you are getting so close!! i can't wait to hear the amazing news :)

Amanda said...

Oooh! Fingers are crossed that you get bumped up that list! How exciting!

Tara said...

HOLY CRAP Leslie....I can`t believe this. That is WONDERFUL news girl! I`m so happy for you.

I`ll say my prayers for your move into #1!

Contgrats girl!

Tara

Kelly said...

I hope you hear something VERY soon. #1 would be a nice place to be!

Julie and Dean said...

A few things:
1 - Were you trying to kill me with that video. I'm still crying. I actually had to stop it because I was getting all worked up. It was so BEAUTIFUL, thank you for sharing.
2 - Sharing a room is fun! No one does that anymore, houses are too big these days. I think sharing a room brings a certain closeness that siblings cannot obtain any other way.
3 - YAY, I'm glad you are moving up on the list. Can't wait to hear good news.

Anonymous said...

eeeeeekkkk Les, I am just dying for you guys to get your referral- you better be calling me when that happens!!