Thursday, August 7, 2008

Nothing new to report

I had really hoped that when I returned from our back north getaway I would have heard something new regarding the status of upcoming referrals for our agency. The agency director is in VN and she was expected back a few days ago but is now there for another week due to the typhoon. Check out this news story for more information.

Can I admit that I feel like the adoption we were (and are) so excited about over a year ago is slowly draining me, it is so emotional and crazy at times... wondering what could and may happen next. I don't like feeling like this may not happen. Is it an irrational thought? Hopefully, considering Canada has not announced any intentions of pulling out of the VN program. But recently I have been thinking of all those in the US that had a dream of adoption from Vietnam and now are without that opportunity. The door for them is closing and I have to be honest with myself and understand that there is at least a small chance the same thing could happen for Canadians. I have been sitting in the low numbers of the wait list now for over half a year. I've gotten to the point where I wonder sometimes if this is really going to happen. I will be totally shocked if and when that phone rings with the news we've been thinking of for 1 1/2 yrs now. I'm ready for a SHOCK.

I secretly hope our agency director will return from Vietnam with wonderful news for many families (ours included God willing). I hope she comes home and knocks all our socks off with amazing news. I'm sending all positive thoughts her way and hoping for the very best for all of us waiting!

Lots of questions on how the adoption is going came up during our family reunion. Last year at the reunion I was sharing our expectations that we may be in Vietnam in August this year. Obviously that didn't turn out to be the case. Things change and I am certainly learning to roll with it. Now I hope for us to be home from Vietnam for Christmas. I dont' know if this is a realistic hope but I'm going to hope it none the less.

Surely the phone will ring one of these days?

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Hang in there - this will happen for your family!!! My fingers are crossed for your good news to come soon!

Anonymous said...

hang in there!! your time is coming...and hopefully soon! i know it has been a long year, but you are so very close to the end now :)

Jules and Danny said...

The phone will ring!!! I am sending all my positive thoughts to Vietnam for you too! Keep the faith!

The Hines Family said...

I hope you get your socks knocked off with good news soon! :-)

B said...

Good news is coming to the GTA...hang in there!

Kelli said...

I know how hard the wait is. Hopefully you will hear great news soon. It seems like great things happen when directors are in Vietnam!

Michelle said...

UGH!!! Just remembering that feeling you describe brings knots to my stomach. It makes a lot of sense that you feel this way. This may sound strange, but; it helped me to know that there have been some people who have actually had to go for therapy for what the doctors said was post traumatic stress disorder due to the adoption process. The constant anticipation and then disappointment is exhausting! It doesn't have to be graceful... Just do whatever it takes to hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Waiting is SO hard. We're one of the fortunate US families who will complete our adoption(God willing), but after two and a half years, it hasn't gotten any easier. There are those moments of peace, though--referral, photos and updates, news that paperwork is progressing forward toward travel. But those times in between are miserable and I absolutely believe PAPs could suffer from PTSD or at least acute anxiety. I hope your moments of peace will come soon and frequently! ~Gina

Anonymous said...

I know this is so hard for you... I'm not sure there is anything I can say to make it easier, so just know I'm thinking about you everyday! I hope you get good news very soon...Lord knows we need it!!!

Catherine said...

Cannot wait to celebrate your referral with you and it WILL happen!

This 'stroller coaster' has more dips and turns than we ever imagined but hang on friend...your daughter is waiting for you at the end of the ride!

((hugs))