Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The wait...

Well, it feels sort of exciting to finally be at a place where MAYBE we may see a referral soon! I don’t want to jinx things and I’m preparing myself to wait and wait and wait some more. We are (i think) #1 or #2 on the list. I have emailed the director of our agency 2x now to get a confirmation on this and she has not returned my emails. I guess if I haven’t heard a number from her by Monday maybe I’ll call her. The whole process is sort of intimidating and I often feel like I’m bugging when I email them with questions. They are just very busy and I’m one of many that probably email them for news often.
I will admit, when the phone rings… and I mean each and every time it rings since we figured out we were near the beginning of the list, the thought that maybe it is Dorinda (our agency director who makes ‘the calls’) crosses my mind. This is the first I’ve felt this way in the long 17 months we’ve been in this process. It is a nice feeling to feel hopeful finally and expectant of something good coming our way – but it is a scary thing too. I don’t like getting my hopes up – I’m the pessimist in the family. 
Shaune has always said since Day 1 that he felt our referral would come in the Fall of 2008, September to be exact. Well, it is September and we are ready! Any time would be wonderful.

No comments: