Thursday, September 4, 2008

A great little distraction

After a 7 year hiatus, me and my girls are going on a weekend getaway. I cannot wait and it couldn't come at a better time. The wait continues to drag on and consume me.
We are heading to a resort in Keene, Ontario and have rented a cottage on the water within the resort complex. We plan on just hanging out mostly, watching some movies, good eats and great drinks, and we may fit in a wine tasting afternoon and spa treatments too - we are playing it by ear. There will be me, Lori (my cousin - known my whole life), Ang (known since Grade 9), Kerri (known all my life), Pam (known since Grade 9), Gwen (known since Grade 9), Melissa (known my whole life), Rhonda (known since Grade 10) and Nicole (my cousin - known my whole life).

I know I'm lucky to still be able call this group of girls my bestest friends. We have 18 kids between the bunch of us - so yes... we all need and deserve a girls getaway with no kids and no responsibilities for 3 days straight! I am so excited... must go pack now!

Thanks Shaune for holding down the fort at home. We make a great team and I really appreciate you so much for all you do for me and with the kids.

3 comments:

stollmyheart said...

sounds fun...can I come? enjoy!

stollmyheart said...

Leslie,

Can I get the password to your new blog? I'd love to follow along. I check in often to see your progress...here's hoping that darn waiting list gets shorter...soon!

Jenna
(Ella's mom)
www.stollmyheart.wordpress.com
stollmyheart@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

have fun!!!