Saturday, July 26, 2008

My strategy

My strategy during this never-ending wait is to keep busy. The more time I have on my hands, the more I think and obsess and worry and wonder. The less time I have on my hands - THE BETTER.

The kids being home for the summer has kept me hopping. I've also taken on more work and am learning how to juggle it all. I think I need to hire a sitter for a couple days a week.

Shaune has decided to quit saving all his holiday time (in the event we go to Vietnam) and has decided to take another week off sometime in August for some family vacation time. That will still leave him 4 wks and the farther we get into the summer, the less it looks like we will travel in 2008 anyhow (Gosh I hate to think it will be 2009 before we are home with baby girl).

We are thinking about camping (in tents - ack!) in one of the many provincial parks we have in Ontario. The kids would love it and other than the sleeping part, I think it would be fun. If there is anyone with suggestions on nice parks and campgrounds to visit in Ontario (Canada) let me know. Right now all I'm coming up with is Bonecho, Sandbanks or Algonquin Park.

Yesterday was a productive day around our house. We finally did a bunch of landscaping (moving soil and seeding for grass) and Shaune and his friends put together a new storage shed for the backyard... maybe I'll be able to park my truck in the garage sometime soon. The shed will hold our lawnmowers, snowblowers, kid 4 wheeler & jeep, etc. It will be nice to be able to reclaim our garage.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Chloe is sick with some kind of stomach bug - poor kid. She rarely ever feels sick so she slept all day today. We are having movie night tonight and just hanging out. I love it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The wait is more difficult when you can't keep your mind busy. I took a week off of work for vacation and almost went insane.... too much time to think. But the time does tick by... you will be there in no time with your little one. Keep on keepin on.....

Jules and Danny said...

Hey Girl,

Bon Echo is amazing... just up the road from where I grew up. Can camp close or canoe in and the beaches are beautiful... Take some time together... you will get to Vietnam and the wait won't be remembered at that point. thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

Great strategy...it worked for me! Just remember to take some time to relax, too, because free time will be out the window when baby girl joins the family!! :-)