Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dinner out

I drove up to Toronto on Friday night for our bi-monthly dinner out for adopting mom's in the area. It was a smaller group this time with 7 mom's adopting from Vietnam and 2 adopting from China. Summer time is busy so I guess a lot of the others couldn't make it this time.

It is a long drive but always well worth it to spend time learning more about the program, talking to those who understand how hard the wait can be and share good news such as photos of my one friends sweet baby boy referred a couple months ago.

I'm guessing at the next dinner (in September) there will be at least 2 more mommies with their baby referrals and then hopefully a few more the dinner after that (me included please, please, please).

I had the best pasta, some sort of angel hair pasta with jumbo shrimp and mass amounts of lobster - HEAVEN! We did a little bit of shopping beforehand but I was very good and only bought C a pair of pj's that were on sale at the Disney Store.

Yesterday my friend Melissa had a pool party at her place to celebrate Murray (her husband) and Savannah's (her daughter) birthday. It was a hot muggy day and the kids had a ball in the pool with all their friends.

Today it is looking dreary. I guess it is a clean the house and do laundry type day. Bleck.

4 comments:

The Hines Family said...

How nice to have that support group. :-)

Jules and Danny said...

It's good to spend time with you and offer the support that I can. I keep praying that you will get a referral soon too!

Anonymous said...

That support is the best. While I was waiting for travel, some AP and PAP moms made everything so much better when I would see them. Glad you have this group!

Catherine said...

glad you had such a great time! Did anyone happen to get a group pic?

Mmmm...you had my very favourite thing for supper! I tried it the first time I was at Pickle Barrel and have never had anything else since!

Looking forward to seeing you at the September dinner...hopefully with your referral in hand!