Monday, July 21, 2008

Home from Chicago

I got home late last night from working the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) trade show for Creativity. 5 days is a long time for me to be away from my babies (yes, they are still my babies at ages 7 and 5)... I am not sure how I will do 3 wks in Vietnam without them. I try not to think about it but little trips like this remind me of just how difficult it will be - for me, for Shaune and for Keaton and Chloe also. When I got home Chloe kept hugging me and saying she missed me so much and then she would say "I'm going to miss you so much when you go to Vietnam".

Shaune and the kids were waiting outside the shuttle bus terminal when I got back home from the airport... what a welcome home I got. I am the luckiest woman alive. Today we are just hanging out and cuddling a lot.

The show was fun. I got to spend time with good friends that I only see when I travel for work and that is always the highlight of the event for me. Many good meals, tasty drinks and big laughs were had!

It was a great distraction from this thing called "waiting".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i definitely missed being in Chicago and seeing you!!!! Let's bring our babies to the next show :-)