Monday, July 21, 2008

12 month ... 1 year ... 365 days

Wow. We've gotten to that point in the wait where we are a full year with our dossier (paperwork) over in Vietnam. I didn't think we'd get here without at least the referral... a photo and a little child to love and dream of meeting soon.

I know our time is coming. I feel it. I was busy the past week traveling for the trade show but I thought of our adoption often and the waiting. I'm not saying it isn't hard but I feel like everything in life, it will happen when it should. I also feel like at times I have spent a lot of (probably too much) time wanting to speed time along to the day when we are a family of 5. I have tried to enjoy every moment of life but when you are desperately waiting on that next amazing and wonderful thing - it is easy to miss what is happening in the here and now. I know I have from time to time done just that. Being away in Chicago and thinking and missing all my blessings waiting for me at home is just another reminder of all that is good in our family NOW. I am going to concentrate, during the remainder of our wait for little baby Lightfoot, on relishing the time that is now and not wishing that time would go by faster until we are not waiting any longer.

Since we have started this journey, I have learned so much. I have had friends bring their beautiful children home, I have learned so many things that I know will help me be a better mom to all my children, I believe that the wait has helped prepare our family in so many ways to be ready when we are blessed with another child. We are ready now though :) Anytime now would be GREAT ;)

So... Cheers to a year of emotions and learning and wishing and ups and downs. Here is to a year closer to our 3rd child who is already loved so much.

3 comments:

The Hines Family said...

Cheers! :-)

Julie and Dean said...

What you said was brilliant. You are so right. We get so caught up in the future that we miss the present. And unfortunately, the present is time we can never get back. Thank you for the reminder/reality check.
I pray you hear good news soon.

Anonymous said...

you know, les- I know we have been only waiting three months but that is exactly what I have been trying to do this summer- completely enjoy our life now, enjoy just hanging out with the kids, appreciate our little fam of 4 before it changes!!