Sunday, June 15, 2008

Quiet

I've been quiet lately. I honestly don't have much to say. We continue to wait and there has been quite a slow down with referrals with our agency. I think it is a first for them and some of it is believed to perhaps be due the upcoming shut down of the US program with Vietnam. Right on the heels of the US/VN announcement to discontinue adoptions as of Sept 1/08, our Canadian agency began to get fewer referrals. Perhaps it is due to the orphanages wanting to push through as many US families as they can before the doors shut. I can understand that and truly wish only the best for all, but it is a bit disheartening. There has been 1 girl referral and a few boy referrals in over three months. That is very rare for our agency. I was pretty certain at one point that there was no way we would get past May 2008 without our referral. Then I set my hopes on July 2008. After an email sent out today from the agency director, I think we could have a much longer wait still. On Tuesday we will be 11 months DTV. We obviously are in this for the long haul and understand that it WILL happen in time... it just feels today like each time we get our hopes set on a certain time frame, something happens and we extend it further. I do not hold much hope of having our child home from Vietnam before 2008 is over. Will it be Spring 2009? The not knowing seems to be the thing I struggle with the most. This too shall pass... just having one of those days.

Sorry for the downer post.

Chloe's birthday party was yesterday. Thank goodness the sun was out (it was supposed to Thunderstorm) and the pool party was a big success for Chloe and 9 friends from school. I got to know some of the mom's and we just hung out by the pool mostly... the kids just wanted to swim, swim, swim. I can't believe my BABY is turning 5 years old tomorrow. Wah! All she really wants for her birthday is a sister to love, but for now she settled for a new doll and a Generations white equestrian horse that stands 2 ft tall. :)

Re: Father's Day today!Shaune is spending the morning and some of the afternoon golfing with all his cousins and some of his uncles... a guy day. We are going to a family BBQ this evening for Shaune's cousin and her new husband that are visiting from Australia. The kids made Shaune really cute crafts at school and the sun is shining. It is going to be a great Father's Day :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, truthfully this just sucks because i know how bad I want you to have your baby, I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I hate that it is taking so long for this, but somehow, in the end, things will work out and everything will be good. I know I say "hang in there" every time, but just try to enjoy this summer.. maybe we can find a cheap ticket from you to me and we can split it :-) I will miss seeing you this summer at the show!

Anonymous said...

I know this waiting is hard...it's like everything is on hold just waiting for the next step. I'm not sure there's anything I can say to make it better - just know I'm praying overtime for you!

Jules and Danny said...

The waiting is incredibly hard, but you have been such a wonderful support to me that I hope I can pass some hope and inspiration to you. Things may have slowed down, but you know your daughter is waiting for you. One day soon you will be a larger happy family...

Kelli said...

It seems to be very quiet on the US sides of things too. It seems like the whole process has slowed down. So frustrating! It makes the waiting even harder!

K said...

It's your blog, you vent all you want to!!! things are moving so slowly. I hope you get some good news soon.