Thursday, June 26, 2008

My 200th post

...and nothing adoption related to report :(

We did finally pick a vehicle. Thanks to everyone who emailed or posted advice. We went with the Honda Pilot. I'm excited to get out of my mini-van (I owned it for 7 years) and I'm scared to have less 'space'. The kids are excited to have a DVD in the vehicle... they could care less about anything else. We ordered it today and hopefully can pick it up on Monday. We are heading to Georgian Bay for a mini-vacation next week and it will be a good 'test' since i'm sure it will be packed to the gills with camping stuff, bicycles (eek?!), etc. I think we will need to get a little more efficient on how we pack.

The kids finished school today. It will be nice to sleep in in the mornings - I have kiddies that tend to like to sleep til 830-9am... Keaton would be happy sleeping til 10am some mornings... suits me just fine. I plan on a fun summer just lazing around the pool. Hopefully we will plan some mini trips each month of the summer... the kids would like to get up to Canada's Wonderland again, as well as our usual trip to the Toronto Zoo, etc.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a Honda Pilot and love it! I've had mine for 4 years with no problems at all. It's a great car and will keep your littles ones safe and comfy!

Jo said...

I bet you will love your new Pilot!!!

Anonymous said...

glad you decided on the car- let me know how much you love it!

have a great time on your vacation!

i wish A & D would sleep that late, they wake up by 6:30-7 every day- ugh!

Jules and Danny said...

Those sound like good plans for the summer. As a teacher, I plan to follow along with that... although I will share others' pools.