Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring is (not) in the air



Well, it is not looking much like Spring time around here! How is that for the understatement of the year?

All the little sleeveless Easter dresses are hanging lonely on the racks in all the children's clothing stores.

This snow is depressing. Not only is it snowing down right now (I just went outside to quickly take these photos)... there is still FEET of snow all around on the ground. Yes, this is Canada but usually we are enjoying Spring by now here. Heck, last year we were swimming in our (heated) pool and having pool parties the 1st week of May. We've got a long way to go if we hope to be doing that this year. Perhaps we will just skip Spring and move right into Summer. That would be kinda a bummer, I love the Spring.


Please come and pay us a visit Spring?!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Ugh! I guess I should be thankful we are getting tons of rain, not snow!

Amanda said...

Yikes! I can't believe it's still snowing there! We haven't had much snow in B-lo lately and I'm really hoping for nice spring weather soon too!

Catherine said...

It's beautiful but I sure do understand you being ready for spring. We've had lots of rain yesterday and it's still raining now so I'll send the warmer temps up the highway to you.

Must admit though...yours looks so much prettier than ours.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that is NOT my backyard - talk about something that would depress me. But a heated pool...hmmmm now that I could do :)

April said...

beautiful!

Heather Field said...

Well, I think the snow is beautiful, but I live in TX and it only snowed once this year. I guess it would be more appreciated if it was Christmas and not Easter!

Jennifer said...

Wow the snow photos are so pretty. We basically had NO snow this year in DC so it makes me a little jealous... However, I realize its March now. Time for Spring! Hope you see an improvement soon.

Julie and Dean said...

How fun (maybe not the shovelling part)! Just wait until your Baby Girl is making snow angels!!
JMD