Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The name game

With Keaton, almost 8 years ago we obsessed over names. I think I owned 3 or 4 Baby name books and we drafted name picks over and over again til we came up with:
Keaton or Gavin for a boy, Chloe for a girl.
Well, we got a beautiful bouncin' baby boy and he looked like a Keaton, and so he became.
Two and one-half years later, a beautiful baby girl came along and since Chloe was forever etched in our hearts - she became our Chloe Raine Lightfoot.

Now, years later we seem to have lost the ability to agree on a name. Well, we've actually come up with a few that we both agree on - but I don't know if we have found THE name yet. Meg is the strongest contender and I do love the name, although she'd forever be Meggie to me. We also still love Maya. There are a few others we have thrown around (Isabel, Ella). I really would like to settle on a name for her, as if choosing her name will somehow bring her to us quicker, perhaps. Ha.

So, I'm up for some name suggestions. Anyone have names - shout them out. I want to hear them. Or... tell me what your names are for your children/future child? I might copy you... :)

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Ok, so two names on our back-up list were Leanor and Emme. Unfortunatly, JLo just used Emme, so it might get REALLY popular...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear what you pick!

angie said...

i really love meg...i think you should stick with it :)

we always really liked the name lily (but it does not sound good with our last name)!

Anonymous said...

I had a friend named Meggie in elementary school...she was great, and I've always loved that name.
We're in the same place though trying to figure out possible names that we both feel strongly about. I want to have some ideas before we see a face, but I have a feeling that will help steer us towards one...or so I hope.

Amanda said...

I love the name Meg!

Jules and Danny said...

mmmm... Meg, Meggie... didn't you say one of your favourite books was Thorn Birds... could that be influencing you... I love it!

Anonymous said...

I have to vote for Meg, too. Of course, I'm partial to three letter names :).

Gina
Sam & Eli's mom

M. said...

Another vote for Meg/Meggie! A girl's name I love, but would never get the DH to go for, is Scarlet. It reminds him of Gone With the Wind. I also think Iris and Violet are kind of pretty.

Diana said...

I think you'll know when you see her what name will suit her best.

Living to Love said...

I like Meg...but also love giving out ideas so here goes...

-Norah
-Delaney
-Lyza Jane or just Lyza
-Mazzie
-Lera
-I like Angie's idea Lilly Lightfoot (adorable!!!)
-Maris
-Audrey
-Reese

Oh I love to think about it!! I have more :o)