Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In need of some sunshine

Well, this weather and this long snowy winter is taking its toll on me. I feel like a hermit and I need some sunshine BADLY. The other day my friend Kerri and I got talking and we decided we'd look into a week getaway to go spend time with my friend Jenn who lives in the SUNSHINE state - Florida. In the matter of a day we have made our plans and it is going to be fun.
Kerri is taking her 3 children: Adison, Ben and Anna; I am taking Keaton and Chloe and the husbands are staying home. They both have work and with only 2 wks notice it wasn't possible for them to come. But, a girls week away isn't all bad, even though I 'll miss Shaune (and all his help too). I can't wait to see my girl Jenn again and Kerri is just so great to be around. It's going to be just what the doctor ordered for me and hopefully will be a much needed distraction, as the wait drags on and on and on. I'm secretly hoping I'll come home and shortly thereafter get THE call and then be busy planning travels to Vietnam. Wouldn't that be Perfect!?

So... sunshine here I come. We will be staying at Cocoa Beach and mostly just hanging out... watching the kids play and perhaps concocting some tasty beach drinks. Let the count down begin... 16 days to go.

6 comments:

angie said...

oh...that sounds perfect! we are having amazing weather down here in the south! and of course, florida is alwasy beautiful and warm. when we were there in february, it was in the mid 80's all week!

enjoy yourself...and make sure to share pictures!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you were able to book a trip! Do you know about the Niagara Falls airport? I think it's newer and it's really small, but they have dirt cheap flights to St. Petersburg, Florida.

Jules and Danny said...

Sunshine is a definite cure all... even with the new snow I've been relishing the sun we've had these last couple of days... it's doing wonders for my mood.
You must be looking forward to Florida so much... and I keep praying for that call.

Tara said...

OH LESLIE.....I am soooo happy for you! It will be awesome for you to get away. Enjoy yourself and PLEASE don't forget your camera (I love your beach photos)!! Bon Voyage!

Kelli said...

Sounds like a great plan! Enjoy the warm weather and the beach!

Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous!!! you aren't supposed to plan a beach trip without me :-) you guys will have SO much fun!!