Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We had a fantastic vacation!

... we needed to get away for a bit. 10 days was the perfect amount of time, although I could of easily stayed longer ;)

The kids had a blast and now official Disney fanatics. What a well-oiled machine Disney is :) Everything was top-notch and service on the ship was beyond amazing. We enjoyed both Disney World and the Cruise but if I had to say what we all preferred it was definetly the cruise. It combined the magic of Disney (characters, theme nights, fireworks, musical performances, etc) with great food and a happy atmosphere. The word Magic keeps coming to mind - how fitting that that is the ship we were on... "The Disney Magic".

7 days at sea and on tropical islands... it just doesn't get much better. I really enjoyed cruising and can see us doing that again sometime. Disney is building 2 more ships so perhaps in 3-4 yrs we will go try it again as a family of five :)

Highlights and all kinds of photos are posted on our family blog, for anyone interested.
http://www.leslielightfoot.typepad.com/ - Direct links to 2 albums will be in the post from Nov. 22nd.

I purchased Rosetta Stone's Vietnamese language lessons and am looking forward to getting started on that. We have a long wait ahead of us so I'm trying to stay positive and use all this time in a positive way. I think traveling in VN and having a small grasp on the language will be really helpful and it is something I'd like to retain a bit after travel is through also. Wish me luck, I suck at languages. I live in a bilingual country and can't say more than 5 sentences in French... pathetic and on my list of things to do some day.

4 comments:

Ange said...

It must have been wonderful to get away & have some fun!. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself so much. It looks like you had a blast.

Leigh said...

I found your site through a blog roll. I have to tell you, I am so impressed with your photography! What camera are you using? I have a blonde headed, blue-eyed boy that ends up with red eyes everytime!! Help! I need a new camera for my trip to Vietnam.

Your vacation looked wonderful and your pictures are just fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! WOW - I am SO impressed that you're attempting to learn some Vietnamese. That's awesome!
Glad you had a wonderful vacation - sounds like a dream with the cruise and all.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your time away was wonderful and that your whole family enjoyed it! Good luck with the Vietnamese, my friend from Vietnam told me not to even try, it was VERY difficult and her own children are having problems with it even though that is the only way for them to communicate with their grandma.