Saturday, November 3, 2007

A song...

(i listen to at least 3x a day.)

The Promise - Tracy Chapman

If you wait for me
then I'll come for you
Although I've traveled far
I always hold a place for you in my heart

If you think of me,
if you miss me once in awhile
Then I'll return to you
I'll return and fill that space in your heart

Remembering
Your touch
Your kiss
Your warm embrace
I'll find my way back to you
If you'll be waiting

If you dream of me,
like I dream of you
In a place thats warm and dark
In a place where I can feel
the beating of your heart

Remembering
Your touch
Your kiss
Your warm embrace
Ill find my way back to you
If you'll be waiting

I've longed for you
and I have desired
To see your face
your smile
To be with you
wherever you are

It would feel so good to be
In your arms
Where all my journeys end
If you can make a promise
if its one that you can keep,
I vow to come for you
If you wait for me
and say you'll hold
A place for me in your heart.

======================================

The wait is getting harder. and harder, and we have so far to go still. Our dossier is 3.5 months in Vietnam. I miss her and think of her all the time... and I want to know this little girl I long for and think of so often. The kids ask about her often, they don't understand the wait and I wish we had been able to not tell them as soon as we did. I've come to realize that my children will be 7 & 5 by the time they have baby sister home... Keaton may even be 8 by then although I hope the wait does not come to be that long. She has a place in our family's heart already, we will wait and pray she joins our family when the time is right. Until then I will continue to think of her and hope she is healthy and being loved until we can hold her in our arms.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of the prettiest songs I have ever heard. I love it when it cycles on to my I tunes.

Kelli said...

I just listened to (and downloaded) the song. It has me in tears- it is beautiful! I hope your wait is not too much longer!

Anonymous said...

Praying for a referral soon!

Tara said...

Oh Leslie - my heart aches for you! I feel your pain. I've come to realize this process teaches (if nothing else) unimaginable patience. GO....have a great trip -let this time away be a blessing for your aching soul! I will pray for your referral date to be sooner than later!

Mama2Be said...

I just heard that song for the first time the other day... made me think of so many things... it's amazing how music can make you feel better... and sad at the same time.
Stay positive... your time WILL come.

Jennifer said...

i understand. the wait is so much harder than i ever expected it to be... hang in there.

S. said...

That is a beautiful song! Waiting is difficult.

Hiking Mama said...

Thanks for your encouraging words! This post was beautiful. The waiting has been much more difficult than I ever imagined. I feel your pain, and pray that you will receive a referral soon.

R&H said...

Wow, I've never heard that song before. It's the perfect song for adoption!
Waiting is so hard. We've had our referral now for 3 months and it's HARD not to dwell on the wait times. Try to think positive thoughts and know that in the end the wait will be so worth it.