Monday, July 2, 2007

My first BABY purchase
















Well, Shaune and I finally had to make the decision as to age and gender as we move forward in our adoption and prepare our dossier for Vietnam. I will say it was a very very very hard decision but we've decided we will be welcoming another little girl into our family. I really wish we could welcome a little boy too. I guess never say never. Who knows what our future holds. When she finally comes home, she will share a room with her sister Chloe. Keaton (the adorable brother) is happy that he will have another little sister to play with too.
Now that we have finally made the decision, we begin our wait. Luckily I will not know her age for some time still or it would be really difficult not to start hitting those baby clothing racks I miss buying from. I gave away all of Chloe's clothes (and all of our baby stuff for that matter) as she grew out of them and so we will be starting fresh and needing everything over again.
This pretty Amy Butler fabric diaper bag is my first purchase. I work for this site http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/shop.asp?derMars=1103F92CFB8 , on their design team and although this is a scrapbook tote... some of my friends that have bought it use theirs as a diaper bag instead. It is quite big and has lots of compartments for everything from my cell phone to diapers and bottles, etc. I feel kind of gitty about buying this and cannot wait to get it in the mail and start buying some things to put in it. If I'm going to carry diapers in a bag again, it is going to be a pretty one this time. I will probably buy a secondary one too... for days when I don't feel like being pink and flashy ;)
It comes in these 2 patterns - I went with the solid pink.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Great bag! I like the pink too.

Congrats on deciding to add a girl to your family. I didn't realize that was something you needed to choose at this time. Still learning about the VN program.

I'll have to check this bag out in person sometime when we're together.

Happy shopping!

Anonymous said...

That is a very cute bag.

And, getting a girl will be very nice.

Jill and Jaap said...

Very cute!

Congrats on making your decision!

Renee said...

so cute!!! i had to stop myself from buying some cute little dresses at target last week- and we haven't even started the appllication! We have given away most of our baby stuff, too (including cribs!) but Brian just says that the new baby can have new stuff :-) hey, maybe i can at least buy girlie stuff for your baby soon :-)