Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Some important translations

Run your mouse over each word and you will see its meaning below (ie: grandmotherinvn - grandmother in vietnamese)





































...............................................................................................................................
Ba - grandmother/nana
Ong - grandfather/poppa
dep - beautiful
chi - sister
anh - brother
me - mommy
Bo - daddy
Be - baby :)
...............................................................................................
I have about a year (hopefully less!) to start figuring out some basic Vietnamese words and language. I have never been good with learning other languages so I need to get started soon. When we travel to VN I would like to have a decent grasp on some basic phrases and words to get us through. Perhaps as time goes on we can learn more, we will see.

I found this site at CafePress that has Vietnamese words on clothing. Here are some words that are going to be important to learn :)








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like those shirts. They have a great logo.

Jill and Jaap said...

Look at you!! Very cool!