Sunday, July 8, 2007

Homestudy complete, Paperwork collected













We've reached a special spot in this journey. On Friday evening we finished our homestudy. Yahoo. On Monday our social worker will forward our homestudy with his recommends to our agency, who will in turn send it to the Ministry. Then we wait for Ministry approval before forwarding our dossier on to Vietnam.

On Thursday I mailed our paperwork for our dossier to our agency. So... now all the waiting begins. It seems weird that we accomplished so much so quickly. We made our final decision on adopting from Vietnam in April and completed all 4 homestudy appointments from May - beginning of July. The dossier was pretty easy to compile and hopefully everything will continue to roll along.

I find I'm thinking of our daughter in Vietnam more and more now, it is consuming my thoughts at times. Is she already born? So many things to think about. I'm suffering from a bad case of insomnia lately and I think alot of it is due to all these things racing through my mind in the quiet times of night.

Our family has lots to keep us busy while we wait including family reunions, holidays, a trip to DisneyWorld and a Disney cruise, etc. I think it is best to keep as busy as possible. And we are very good at keeping busy around here.


The photo above is a snapshot of our Vietnam applications, etc before I put them in our envelope to mail off on Thursday. :)


10 comments:

Ange said...

Congratulations! What a great feeling to have it all out of your hands.You are right, now the waiting really begins ;)

Catherine said...

Congratulations Leslie! That's the first big hurdle behind you. Yippee!! Hoping for a speedy ministry approval!

Laurie said...

Congratulations for completing this milestone in your adoption journey! It's nice to have the major paperwork out of the way.

Mike and Shelley said...

Congratulations! I know what a great feeling it was when we had all our paperwork complete. Now the waiting can begin. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Shelley

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! A BIG step in your journey! Sara

Shannon said...

I have been reading and catching up on your progress, so excited for you as it moves along and can't wait until you bring your little girl home!

Shannon said...

I have been catching up reading your posts and am truly excited that you are making such great progress... Look forward to following your journey to bring your littlest girl home!

Jill and Jaap said...

Congratulations on completing this step!

Renee said...

yay!!! that did go by quickly!!

Tasha Kent said...

Wow.. congrats!

I'm still waiting for my bloody passport and then I'll be able to send off my dossier.