Monday, October 13, 2008

What I'm thankful for...

This weekend was our Thanksgiving... 3 turkey dinners later and I think I might start to gobble. We spent the weekend surrounded by all our amazing family. Saturday was our annual Whyte family haywagon ride (2 haywagons... around 50 people total) around Fraser Lake. The scenery was beautiful and the weather (all weekend) was amazing.
Sunday we spent lunch with the Emerson side of the family - it was great seeing Gram and all the family. From there we went to Shaune's mom and dads for another amazing turkey supper. Wow, I could barely stay awake from all the feasting we did. Lynn made her amazing chocolate pecan pie and it was a quiet evening with just my in-laws and great Nanna K.

Anyhow... it was a wonderful family weekend. The thing I am most thankful for is FAMILY. I have been blessed, truly!

Today we took the kids for a hike right in our back yard. We spent about 2 hours hiking in the woods and they even stopped to have a cold skinny dip in the stream! It was a perfect day. I'm so thankful to have my children - it certainly helps us to have them to focus on and love as we wait on child #3. We are still anxious for our news to come but weekends like this remind us of just how lucky we are.

Photo of Chloe and Keaton during our hike through the woods:

2 comments:

Julie and Dean said...

Great picture! A hike in the woods is always a GOOD thing!

becky said...

sounds perfect! thinking of you and hoping you get good news SOON!