Monday, October 6, 2008

18 months ago today...

Yes, a year and a half ago today we took the giant leap into the world of adoption. The path that will lead us to our 3rd child. It is something we had thought of for years and it was a decision we came to with excitement and enthusiasm in our hearts. We mailed our application into our agency and have not looked back... we just keep moving forward even when it feels like it is at a snails pace.

We are keeping very busy with ballet for Chloe and hockey for Keaton and work for daddy and work for me too. I'm taking on all I can juggle right now to get me through this wait. The busier we keep ourselves the more we focus on the now... the wonderful beautiful NOW.

...18 months and we are still very happy and excited that we chose this path for our family. It isn't always easy but what things worthwhile in life really are?

In other news, I can't believe how cold it is getting here already. The days are beautiful and sunny but the night time is COLD. We will see frost soon for sure. I love the Autumn - it is my most favourite time of year. The gorgeous trees and the 'sweater weather'... the apple orchards and pumpkin patches... it is all good!

Next weekend is Thanksgiving here (incase my US friends forgot, Canadians get to pig out on turkey first ;) - I cannot wait. We celebrate t'giving in a big way with all our family. We will be attending 3 t'giving feasts in less than 24 hrs. CRAZY... but mmm mmm good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...18 months!

hopefully another months will not pass without a picture of your sweet girl!!

Anonymous said...

has it really been 18 months?? wow!!

and yay for thanksgiving- I can't wait for some good food this year!

Anonymous said...

A snail's pace is a great way to describe what the waiting feels like. I do hope your snail is closer the the finish line than you know. ~Gina

The Hines Family said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

Still hoping you will hear good news about your little one soon. :-)