Saturday, November 15, 2008

What's happening

Life is flying by and moving at a snails pace at the same time... you can guess what part feels like it is going by slowly - everything adoption related.

But, life in general is moving too fast. The kids are half way through school and it is crazy how time is flying. Shaune took the week off of work. This was because he has saved up so much of his holidays in hopes he'd need 3 wks worth for our time in Vietnam this year. Clearly that isn't happening before 2009 arrives. So he took a week to get some stuff done around the house and will take a bit more at Christmas time to spend with me and the kids.... love that.

We are busy with hockey for Keaton. Running the roads to out of town games or to one practice or another. Chloe grudgingly follows along even though she declares that she "hates hockey"! Tonight I had my brother down for supper and we gave Keaton an early birthday gift... the game "Perfection" where you have to put the shapes into the holes before the base pops up. Keaton is obsessed and has been trying to beat his times over and over again for the past hour. My brother and I used to have this game 'back in the day' and so we both had fun polishing up our skills also.

I heard from a woman in our agency today and she recieved her referral for beautiful baby boy twins. They are adorable and I took it as a hopeful sign for us. Congrats to you, if you are reading :) I hope you can get those baby boys home before Christmas and if not... very shortly after.

So... that is what's happening around here.

3 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

All referals are good. It means that things are moving and your referal is coming! I keep praying for you...
jules

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for responding to my blog. I was starting to think that we were the only ones still out there. The program has closed here in the US so the wait is even more difficult cause we never know what's going to happen. I will pray for your family and that you are united with your little girl as soon as possible. In His Name, Kristi

Renee said...

Our agency had 2 month old twin boys referred last week :-)