Wednesday, November 19, 2008

DTV 16 months

Yes, another month has come and gone. Our dossier has been in Vietnam now for 16 months. Wow. Not sure what else to say.

I continue to hope we hear soon. I have good days and I admit I have some not so great days too. The never ending wait is hard but it has not affected my desire and my clarity. I have discovered over the course of these many months that adoption is truly not for the faint of heart - it is a leap of faith and a course of love that leads us to add to our family through adoption. I don't second guess our decision one moment. I rarely have such clarity and peace in the decisions we make as a family - but I do know without a shadow of a doubt that adoption and this child that for now lives in my hopes, was put in our hearts for a reason
...and I will endure however long this takes, because I know it is the right thing for our family. We all are so ready to love this child. All these months have lead us to such love and anticipation. I won't say I've enjoyed this wait and all it's ups and downs but I will say if this road leads to her - it was a road very worth taking.

So, we are celebrating 16 months closer to her. We are close I hope. Please cross your fingers that everything will fall into place soon.

6 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

fingers are crossed, toes and legs and everything else... clarity is a good thing as it lends itself to hope and optimism! She will be your baby to hold and love soon.
jules

Diana said...

Maybe "She" will be your ultimate christmas present!! Wouldn't that be great!! Fingers crossed!!!

Catherine said...

Hopefully soon friend, hopefully soon! Congrats on another month of waiting being behind you.

Anonymous said...

you just have to be getting close!! i REALLY hope you hear something by the end of the year...what a great Christmas present that would be!!

Tara said...

Sounds like you are in a good place this month....a month with more acceptance with the wait. My fingers are crossed for your family!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Tara

Anonymous said...

Always praying...

I can't believe it's been 16 months...your strength and grace during this wait has been amazing. I know SHE will be well worth the wait!!