Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weekend in Review

Another busy weekend. I've been sick as a dog with a nasty cold but am starting to feel a bit better.
Friday we just hung out and I crashed early with the kiddies in bed with me :)
Saturday we had Keaton's hockey and then I had a girls night out with some friends while Shaune took the kids to a friends to play. Us girls went to a nice dinner out and then caught the late movie of "Fools Gold"... which surprised me. I didn't think it was going to be good (I'd read bad reviews) but I liked it. It was light and funny and a great chick flick to share with good friends.
Today we had hockey once again. Keaton's team got thumped. Not one goal. You know your team is getting beat pretty badly when they stop putting the other teams goals up on the scoreboard as a courtesy. The team handled the loss pretty decent - I love little boys and their enthusiasm for the game, even when they are losing. I hope that stays with them.
I'm running a bath, I'm going to put my jammies on at 4pm and chill out all night. I'm making homemade pumpkin loaf and for dinner I'm making our favourite: Cashew Curry Chicken. Anyone that loves Indian food - let me know if you want the recipe. It is simply divine. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

3 different families that I "know" from our agency are heading to Vietnam in the coming month. March is a great month for making families. I keep thinking about them and all the planning and packing they must be doing. Congrats to all the families with our agency that will be united soon with their beautiful children.
I packed a huge hockey bag of clothing donations for my friend Jacqueline to take to the orphanage she will be going to in the Hanoi area. That was fun going through all the clothing and blankets that we collected back in October.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oooh, cashew curry chicken sounds really good! I'd love the recipe when you get a chance. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Jules and Danny said...

The excitement mounts! One day soon we will all be going to Vietnam to make our families...

R&H said...

YES!
Take the tags off the donation clothing, wash them a few times, and even put small marks on them with a permenent marker. I guarantee the children will not get them if they are brand new-unless you are at a very remote orphanage in the countryside. We saw many stores that I'm sure were filled with donated orphanage clothing that they were re-selling. I'm not sure if it's the government, the orphanage directors, or what..but the children do not end up with the donations usually. If you bring food make sure that you hand out the food to each child rather than just giving the food to the director-that too will not get to the children if it's left in the package with the director. We were sad to find this out as well but it really is the truth.