Sunday, March 9, 2008

Nobody puts Baby in a corner...

Ah, good times were had!

Yesterday, in what I think was most definetly the worst snow storm of the Winter... we set off for the 2.5 drive to downtown Toronto to see the musical: Dirty Dancing.
It was fun (once we arrived alive), the musical was a great time with amazing dancing and fantastic music. I had forgotten how much I loved this movie way back when. I forgot my camera at home (story of my life lately) so I have no photos of our adventure to share. You'll have to take my word for it that it was a good time.

There were about 12 of us that went together on a coach bus trip. My mom, some of my aunts and cousins and a few of my mother's bestest friends went too. We shopped at the Eaton's center, ate lunch at Mr. Greenjeans, made our way to the show and then stopped at the Mandarin for supper on the way home (probably the only restaurant that would accomodate a bus load of women at the supper hour). The drive home was in the worst of the storm and our bus driver was wonderful. It took us twice as long to get home but we arrived home safe and sound and thoroughly exhausted from a busy day in Toronto.

A nice touch to our trip was watching the actual movie "Dirty Dancing" on our long bus ride home. Ah the memories!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

We got nailed in Buffalo with tons of snow too. Sounds like it was still a lot of fun though!

B said...

I went to Tim Hortons to pick up teas and coffees for myself and friends and I thought I was putting my life in danger! Tims is about 500 m. form the front door!

Glad it was worth it.

Bev

Cari said...

sounds fun!! Haven't been to Mr. Greenjeans in ages -- it's a fun place to eat. Glad you made it, despite the storm!
Cari

Jules and Danny said...

Glad you enjoyed the show... the girls and I are supposed to go! And glad you made it home alive and well.