Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas is coming...

...and it is coming fast. I have been sick with what i'm guessing is strep throat for the past 2 days. I will go to the doctor tomorrow to see and get on some antibiotics if that is the case. God I hate being sick. Bleck. It isn't exactly easy to get sick with 2 children to care for at home. Today ended up being a snow day and the buses were cancelled (AGAIN) meaning both kiddies were home with me. My mother (God bless her) came to my rescue and whisked them away for the day so I could lie in bed and moan in agony.

This past weekend we celebrated a lot of things including a ballet recital for Chloe, a hockey tournament for Keaton, Keaton's 8th birthday and a family Christmas party. I posted photos and a better description of all the fun on our family blog.


Nothing new in adoption land. I am glad Christmas is upon us and keeping us busy or I would surely go insane. With all the Christmas events happening we are getting a lot of this question over and over: "So, is the adoption thing ever going to happen?" I can't really blame the questions - it has seemed to stretch over a 2 year period of a lot of talking about it and not a lot happening with it. I never dreamt last year (I think we were #12) that we would go another whole year and still not be together with our child. I really hope by mid Spring we can be home from Vietnam and start enjoying our family of 5. Hope, Hope, Hope!

3 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

It is the season of hope! And a time to be easily distracted! Enjoy the distractions and your time will come soon!

B said...

Try a trip to insanity...it really isn't so bad. I'll give a full report on my return.

Jay said...

Enjoy your family this Christmas. I'm certain you will have an even fuller house next year, hopefuly early in the year.
I've beena silent supporter of yours, and have recently completed our own adoption from Vietnam. My comments have not been making it on. I'm not too computer savvy it appears. But I thought I would try again.
I'll be thinking of you and your family over the holidays. It surely can't be too much longer a wait.
Cheers Jay