Thursday, March 5, 2009

Donations to the orphanage

I have not gotten into too much detail about Meg's orphanage but I will say that she is in a very poor orphanage that is suffering from lack of the essentials it needs to love and take care of all the children in it's care.

At a Halloween party we hosted in 2007 we collected 2 large suitcases full of new clothing for the children at the orphanage. I am happy that I'm finally at the point where it is all being folded and packed for our journey. I am so grateful for so many generous friends that participated in the clothing drive.

Now, I am hoping to ask for help again. This orphanage is in dire need of so many things and I want to take as much for the children as I can fit in my 2 extra suitcases. If anyone near or far would like to donate to the children (who range in age from 0-16 yrs of age) of Vung Tau 2, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Things the orphanage needs (to name a few):
Crayons, toothbrushes, medicines for scabies, Tylenol for young babies, stimulating baby toys like link chains that are non fabric (because of scabies), coloring books, mild soaps.

This is something I do not ask of lightly. I know times are tough and the economy SUCKS. It can be something very small and it can add up to things that can make a real difference to the many children in Meg's orphanage that will never find a forever family and who call this orphanage home.

If you have adopted from Vung Tau 2 and would like me to get a message to your child's nanny or an updated photo, please let me know. If you'd like to donate please just email me and I will provide you with more information.

Also... if there are any stampers out there: I have a very (and I mean VERY) large collection of Hero Arts stamps that I will be auctioning off (or email me if you are interested before I ebay them) - I will be donating the proceeds to this orphanage and the proceeds will likely help pay for essentials such as baby formula and food for the children.

My email for either interest is: llightfoot@xplornet.com

3 comments:

Tara said...

Leslie, you can count me in. I'll ship you off a little care package before you go. Just let me know WHEN is the latest date you will need it by and I will start a collection now and ship it to you in time!

Diana said...

Les,
Our family will be making up a box of goodies for you!! We'll drop it off at some point over the next week or so!

Myrna Hynes said...

Leslie, Would love to help by sending a little package to you! (I've followed your blog in the past and got back in touch when Tara posted about you again). Can I have your address? If you'd like, you can email me at myrnagoosney@hotmail.com