Wednesday, April 30, 2008

DTV 9 months



Well, we are almost at 9.5 months now Dossier to Vietnam. Hard to believe. Hard to really guage how much longer we could be waiting. 9 months... I honestly thought we'd be planning travel by now. 9 months is such a big number. In pregnancy it is the number we count down to... knowing that the end is near. But to compare adoption to pregnancy is senseless. They are two very different (and wonderful things). Nothing about my 2 past pregnancies (which resulted in 2 amazing children) prepared me for this journey we are on. It is like walking around with the anticipation of a baby coming (like when you are pregnant) without any physical signs that you are truly making the progress you want to be. There is no finish line date and so I've had to learn more patience than I've ever needed to exercise before in my life. I admit I'm not very good at it. I admit it.

I think we might of moved 1-2 spots the past couple months, which means we probably will not recieve our child proposal for at least 2 more months, maybe 3 or 4. I'm settling into that fact and making the most of this beautiful weather. Soon our pool will be open, the flowers will be blooming and although the wait continues and remains hard - everything is a bit easier in the sunshine. I think the Winter just about did me in - in more ways than one. What a horribly long winter that was. We have days now that are very warm for Spring and then other days where it is still very cold. I love Spring and the promise it brings of 'things to come'. I hope this Spring brings happy news for several of my friends I've made... that are awaiting child referrals - some who have waited almost 2 yrs for the day they will become moms. I am anxious to share that happiness with them, I think it will help me with our wait and keep me remembering that good things in our adoption are right around the corner, we just have to wait for them a bit longer than we'd hoped.

8 comments:

Kelli said...

I sure hope this spring brings many great things!

Jules and Danny said...

Waiting is hard... but it brings good things! Our babies will be home and in our arms one day... then we will rarely think of the wait!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the little sleeper! And hopefully spring brings great things!

Living to Love said...

It won't be long! Love that outfit too!!!

Anonymous said...

super cute little outfit- reminds of a cool patterned paper ;-)

Julie and Dean said...

Just a little bit longer for a LIFE TIME of joy! JMD

Kristin said...

We waiting 9 months exactly from DTV to referral. I know how hard it is... We've now been waiting 4.5 months since our referral for travel. I call the wait for referral our training for the wait for travel. :-)

Your time is coming soon!

The Wiggintons said...

I just read some of your blog from your comment on ours. I hope your referral comes sooner than later. We were DTV on 9/7/07 and have about 7-8 families in front of us, some of which are asking for 2 children. Who knows what will happen. Just praying for the best!

Kristy